Know Before You Go
We are dedicated to creating a safe environment for our staff and guests by following physical and sanitary safety precautions as outlined by CDC and NCDHHS health guidelines.
Please see below for visitor guidelines and tips to help you enjoy your visit to the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. If we can answer any immediate questions for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Health and Safety Protocols + Guidelines
- While in the museum, face masks are required for staff, as well as guests ages 3 and older. Free and disposable masks are at the front desk.
- Follow the social-distancing signage to guide you throughout the museum and always maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Staff will conduct check-ins and visitor interactions with as minimal contact as possible, while still providing excellent customer service.
- Staff and visitors should wash their hands frequently and/or utilize the sanitizing stations located throughout the museum before and after touching surfaces.
- Museum and Gallery capacities have been reduced to allow adequate space to social distance. Familiarize yourself with our building by exploring our Floor Directory.
- We will practice frequent and heightened cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout our building, especially in high-touch and traffic areas.
- Monitor your health. Please return on a different day if you are running a fever or have recently been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Don’t be shy! Please let a member of our staff know if you have any questions or concerns before, during, or after your visit.
- We encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance of your visit to support a low touch environment.
- No outside food or drink will be permitted in the building.
- Please come hydrated! Water fountains are temporarily offline in the building.
- Guests lockers are temporarily offline.
- Please expect to see interactive spaces and items to remain closed as we promote a low touch experience.
- Sanitized wheelchairs are available for use during your visit.
- Hours of Operation and Directions
- Discounted museum parking is provided at the Levine Center for the Arts garage (550 South Tryon Street) and The Green Garage (425 South Tryon Street). Please ask a guest experience associate for your parking discount coupon for one of these two parking garages.
- Learn about our exhibitions Josef Albers: The Interaction of Color and Twentieth Century Women before you visit.