Jazz at the Bechtler: Holiday Jazz
LOCATION: BECHTLER MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3 AT 6 AND 8:15 PM
Kick off your holiday with Al Strong and the Ziad Jazz Quartet for the Bechtler’s annual Holiday Jazz Concert. Strong joins Ziad Rabie (saxophone), Noel Freidline (piano), Al Sergel (drums), and Ron Brendle (bass) to perform classic holiday favorites.
Get to know Al Strong
Trumpeter Al Strong has enjoyed performing for artists such as Brandford Marsalis, Aretha Franklin, Clay Aiken, and Linda Eder. He has also lent his trumpet playing to an array of talent, including The Foreign Exchange, Yazarah, Soul Understated featuring Mavis 'Swan' Poole, and Big Daddy Kane.
Concerts are performed at 6 and 8:15 p.m. Each concert is 75 minutes with no intermission. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 6 p.m. concert and 7:45 p.m. for the 8:15 p.m. concert. General seating is first come, first served. Light bites and a full bar are available for purchase.
General Admission Tickets
Tickets are $20 for the public and $16 for museum members. Buy tickets online, over the phone at 704.353.9209 or at the admission desk. All ticket holders who purchase in advance of the concert are guaranteed a seat.
JAZZ AFFINITY GROUP MEMBER TICKETS
Season tickets to Jazz at the Bechtler are available via the Bechtler’s Jazz Affinity Group. The group is currently full but to be added to the waitlist, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Current Jazz Affinity Group members may RSVP digitally in advance of the upcoming concert using the link below. To RSVP, click below and follow the registration instructions on the following page.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Get directions and parking information.
Stay up to date with the latest Bechtler happenings by subscribing to our emails.
COVID-19 Policy Update
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art has made the decision to require proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than three days prior to the program date) for staff, artists, vendors, and attendees. Note: Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test is not required for general admission to the museum. The safety of our guests, staff, and artists are a top priority and we will re-evaluate this policy as needed while we continue to navigate the Delta variant.
Overview of Policy Update
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than 3 days prior to program date) for staff, guests artists, vendors, and attendees.
- If guests do not have a vaccination card or negative test results at the time of check-in, they will be asked to return with proofs for future programming.
- Ticket holders will be asked in advance to provide their documentation upon check-in at these programs.
- Due to the county health mandate, masks will still be required indoors, even with vaccination or proof of negative test.
- Masks may be removed to eat or drink and should be placed back on the face when finished.
- This requirement does not apply to daily museum visitation or private rental events/clients.