By supporting and celebrating the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, members of the Firebird Society support the museum’s mission, to share the joy and excellence of the Bechtler collection with all in order to inspire, inform and enhance cultural and intellectual life. Funds raised through Firebird Society donations provide critical operating support for the Bechtler, allowing the museum to present changing exhibitions, public programs and community outreach opportunities throughout the year.
The Firebird Society’s name is derived from Niki de Saint Phalle’s Firebird sculpture, installed on the museum plaza in November 2009. The Firebird is a primary piece in the Bechtler collection and is now a landmark on Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte.
FIREBIRD SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
All of the benefits of the Sustainer Membership, plus:
- Free admission to the Bechtler year-round, reciprocal member privileges at participating museums throughout the U.S., and 15% discount in museum store
- Invitations to exhibition opening events and annual member appreciation event
- Invitations to two exclusive cocktail events, Picnic on the Plaza in the spring, and the Firebird Anniversary celebration in the fall
- Intimate and informal coffee and conversation opportunities with the President and CEO
- Free admission to museum public programs: Jazz at the Bechtler, guest lectures, and Modernism + Film
- Invitation to travel with Bechtler staff to destinations within the United States
- Complimentary six-month individual membership to use as a gift
- 15% off space rental fees
Purchase Firebird Society memberships online:
For more details or to make a gift, please email Mat Duncan, Membership Manager, at email@example.com or call 704.353.9221.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Book a space at the Bechtler to host your next event.